Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Cost for Kodachrome?

  1. #1
    miguelito
    Guest miguelito's Avatar

    Question

    Does anyone know where I can get a roll of
    Kodachrome for less than $10.57? I called
    Kodak direct and this is what they told me
    each roll would cost if I bought 5 rolls
    or more. It would cost me $14.60 if I only
    bought a single roll. Is it possible to find
    it at a lower price?


    Miguelito (michael)

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post

    I'm pleased to see that Kodak offers a discount on a purchase as small as five Super-8 cartridges.

    You should consider buying (2) kodachromes, (1) ektachrome, (2) 200 Tungsten stock.

    Does the discount apply if you mix the stock?

    In the past, many companies used to say "it's the same price per roll whether you buy one roll or 10".

    Thank you Kodak!

    ------------------
    Alex

    [This message has been edited by Alex (edited October 13, 2001).]

  3. #3
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    $10.57 for Kodachrome is pretty cheap compared to what you'll pay for it in a camera store (if you can find a camera store that sells it at all).

    You might get a better deal if you drive to Hollywood and buy it in person with a student discount.

    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by chas_ucla (edited October 12, 2001).]

  4. #4
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    Yeah, but I guess if you are lucky enough to live in NYC or LA you can go to the Kodak office and get it without that extra charge.


    ------------------

  5. #5
    Hanthx
    Guest Hanthx's Avatar

    Red face

    Heres the trick.

    If your a student, you get a discount.
    Call Kodak and they will give you the information you need. Its a form you send in with a photocopy of your i.d.

    That buys you an additional 20% off the price, dropping it to 8 dollars and something a roll.
    If you pay in person with cash, and have a student i.d., they will give you 22% off.

    Its the cheapest I know of except for Germany.
    For 9 dollars you get a roll plus processing.
    Ask Pedro, he has the info.

    Sc;ott

    ------------------

  6. #6
    miguelito
    Guest miguelito's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks again guys! I really do appreciate
    all the info. I forgot all about asking for
    a student discount.


    Miguelito (michael)

    ------------------

  7. #7
    miguelito
    Guest miguelito's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks guys. I guess I'll go for the Kodak
    5 or more price at $10.57. At least I can
    get the processing for $4.88 a roll at
    Wal-Mart.

    Miguelito (michael)

    ------------------

  8. #8
    MadFor3D
    Guest MadFor3D's Avatar

    Post

    Kodachrome is k40? What about this online store? Someone posted this a while back.
    http://www.netphotostore.com/index.p...=0&detail=2006

    $9.18 a roll!

    -Madrone


    ------------------

  9. #9
    MadFor3D
    Guest MadFor3D's Avatar

    Post

    I mean, I guess you have to figure in shipping... but wouldn't you have to do that ordering from Kodak as well?

    -M


    ------------------

  10. #10
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post

    I recommend telling Kodak you love Super-8 Film so much you are forgoing the discount. rolleyes

    ------------------
    Alex

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •